11:02

Preliminary Task - Front Cover Analysis


When creating my College Magazine front over for my preliminary task I aimed to follow some aspects of magazine conventions. When creating the front cover I used the following:

A bold visible title at the top centre of the page.
The use of price and date tags at the top of the page.
Use of puffs, buzz words and anchorage text.
The use of page references.
Freebies, Extras etc.

However there are many aspects of a magazine front cover that I did not use in my preliminary task. I will use the following when creating my front cover due to lack of it in my preliminary task:

A well designed and thought about image, which will be cropped and cut to look professional.
A bolder title so that it stands out more to the reader.
Adapt the layout of a front cover of a magazine. At the moment it is reminiscent of a newspaper.
Improve puffs, buzz words and anchorage text so that they sound more professional, a place them more appropriately.
Add a barcode and issue number.
Use different fonts and colours. They should be arranged more professionally!

0 comments: