13:50

Interview

This interview is to be placed in a double page spread article in my magazine. Souvik and Rajit are two members of a band named 'The Hooks' who i have created specifically for my magazine genre.

1) ‘The HOOKS’- a one hit wonder: true or false?
Souvik: I wouldn’t like to picture ourselves as a one hit wonder. Unlike all these money and attention grabbing pop stars I want to establish a strong career through my music and personality. I hope to prove to people that I can achieve this however I do realise that I will always gain unwanted media attention such as this.

2) ‘The assumption nowadays is that young artists such as yourselves don’t last long in this industry due to your invulnerability to maintain audience?
Souvik: Assumption…… another view of the media I guess.
Rajit: Listen, any young artists has the potential to be successful, in my view it’s all about the way they go about doing this. I don’t know how the rest of my or Souvik’s career will go, but with the help of our fans and our record label we will be able to prove the critics wrong.

3) When you started out did you ever think that after a year you would have become one of the most loved young artists in the world?
Souvik: To be honest, no I didn’t. I mean who really believes that they will become a world renowned star at just 18. Whoever does is not thinking straight or is heavily gifted.
Rajit: I fully agree with Souvik on that matter however, I’m not taking my current success for granted; I still believe I have a lot to prove amongst my fans and others in the industry

4) Seeing as it is so hard for young stars to gain entrance into this industry successfully what advice or tips would you give to them?
Rajit: Well…….. When you’re young you have to have the mentality that not everything as is easy as you think its going to be. Becoming a musician consists of lots of hard work which takes mass amounts of practice before you could even consider entering the industry. A good idea may be to attend music classes or concerts in order to get a feel of what being a musician is all about.
Souvik: We are proof that hard work at any age can make you into a success.

5) On a lighter note, it has been rumoured that you are to produce an up and coming duet with Anette Olzon of Nightwish?
Souvik: Like much of what the newspapers say, this is again just speculation. But, I may say that it is possible. I mean we and, Anette are very close friends and have considered a duet together. However, she is currently on a tour around America, so it won’t be happening any time soon.

6) What were the factors that contributed to your successful and quick rise to stardom within the industry?
Rajit: There are many factors which contribute to anyone’s success in the industry. Personally it consisted of hard work and dedication. From the age of 10 I have been a musician. I practised every night after school, went to all the classes and concerts I could afford on the weekends. At the age of 16 I was able to start producing music and eventually start getting some gigs together locally. The rest pretty much writes itself.






7) What were the key characteristics you needed to make your voice heard – confidence, creative ability, sex appeal, courage?
Rajit: Personally I would have to say its all about passion, confidence and courage. If you have those three things you can achieve pretty much anything.
Souvik: I had the passion to get better at every part of my act, the courage to post my recordings to the internet and to record companies, and the confidence to go out there and perform in front of thousands of fans.

8) What are your current status involving your record company and your contract status?
Souvik: There continues to be growing speculation that we and our record company have to come to some disagreements, and that I am not going to get resigned. As far as I have been told there has been no change in my contract since I joined the company.
Rajit: We have not engaged in any arguments and are currently negotiating a new contract.

9) At your age and status, how do you aim to defend against media attention? Do you believe you’re vulnerable?
Souvik: Of course. Really no one is free from the media in this industry, as they look to pounce at any issue or speculation that may be of concern to the public. However, most of them never know the true story behind it. I do believe that I am vulnerable, but I’ll just have to find a way to get around the media attention every time such an issue occurs.

10) If you could have brought yourself into the music industry any differently, how would you have gone about this?
Rajit: Well, it certainly wouldn’t have been at this age. I mean, I do enjoy the fact that I have accomplished what I have waited so long for, but, I just believe that I need slightly more maturity before I can establish a solid successful career.

0 comments: